Reviews written by Fwwadmin

121 results - showing 81 - 90
« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »
Ordering
April 24, 2016 (Updated: May 02, 2016)
Vikings show is amazing!

So are you missing Vikings as much as I am?  I really felt that episode 10, The Last Ship, that aired on April 10th was one of the best TV shows I ever watched.  The episode starts off with the battle outside of Paris between brothers Ragnar and Rollo which had some amazing action scenes.   You also get to see some major plot changes in both Paris and for the Vikings which I won't spoil. So here is the Viking theme song to enjoy until next season starts. https://youtu.be/bYcb19aBSg4  Bonus:  Here are YouTube videos from History Channel too.  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLob1mZcVWOaikyF40734rSXKyi00eSQrr...

F
Fwwadmin
April 24, 2016
Rating 

Dystopian
SciFi adventurer in a corrupt world

Missing Tomorrow is a new SciFi book by Ken Scudero that makes you think.  How would you handle being one of the few that know that your government is not just focused on their own selfish desires for power, money, and sex but also is purposely planning to kill off "undesirable" citizens.  This books revolves around detective, Gem Jupiter, who uncovers nasty secrets about his government and only he and his team have the knowledge and skills to do something about it.  Gem Jupiter as the main character and hero if this book but he isn't very heroic at...

F
Fwwadmin
April 23, 2016
Rating 

Artifical intelligence as the main character lacks needed emotion

Ancillary Justice by Anne Leckie was an interesting SciFi story but not a fantastic one.  The plot involves an ancillary named Breq that has been separated from the rest of her artificial intelligence segments and now wants to kill the leader of the empire that took prisoners bodies and turned them into living computers to run their starships. Breq begins on an icy planet and finds a previous spaceship captain where Breq served as the artificial intelligence for the spaceship.  Now Breq is weak and disconnected and wants vengeance for what was done to her. The problem is that...

F
Fwwadmin
April 21, 2016 (Updated: April 21, 2016)
Rating 

Fantasy
Hidden is a gem that introduces a very good epic fantasy series

Hidden by Megg Jensen started as a slow read for me but it built up to an exciting story with an epic storyline.  The story begins in a small village named Hutton's Bridge that had been secluded from the rest of the world in a magically fog.  Each year several townspeople went out into the fog never to return. Life is getting more desperate after the town's leader dies of old age and a deadly plague hits.  Three young adult friends decide to risk the fog in search of a cure to the plague.  Before they leave a dragon...

F
Fwwadmin
April 17, 2016
Rating 

interesting twist on SciFi for fans of both traditional sci fi and murder mysteries

Gods of the Machines by Gary Starta is the latest Sci Fi novel I have read and I recommend it to any adult fan of good characterization in their fantasy stories.  The story begins with an adult male and female that are in charge of exploring an unknown part of the planet Cerses and end up exploring each other sexually.   As such I would only recommend this book to adults and found the story seemed more like a romance novel than a Sci Fi...

F
Fwwadmin
April 17, 2016
Rating 

Fantastic story of Ob-Wan's time on Tattoine

I recently read the book Kenobi by John Jackson Miller and thought it was fantastic. If you ever wondered what happened to Obi-Wan Kenobi during his long stay on Tattoine then you should check out this book. Obi-Wan spent many years living on Tattoine after his battle with Aniken.  He was not just hiding from the Empire but was also watching over Luke Skywalker as he grew up.  I found the characterization in this book to be excellent and you learn a lot not just about...

F
Fwwadmin
April 16, 2016
Rating 

Sith Lord in near constant battles much like ultimate fighting in a giant floating prison

I just finished reading Star Wars: Maul: Lockdown by Joe Schreiber.  You have to ask yourself, "What could be better than a Sith Lord in near constant battles much like ultimate fighting in a giant floating prison?"  If you are interested in plenty of combat action this is probably the book for you.  I listened to this story as an audio book and I always find Star Wars audio books to be highly entertaining and full of special effects.  This book was no exception since it had excellent sound effects and narrative.  The story revolves around...

F
Fwwadmin
April 14, 2016
Rating 

Aerial naval war between floating cities with talking cats

The Aeronaut's Windlass by Jim Butcher is best described as aerial naval war between floating cities with talking cats.  I know, it doesn't fit into a simple mold but it is an engaging fantasy novel. The plot revolves around a sneak attack by the military and air navy of an enemy spire (floating city).  The main characters are military recruits of the attacked spire, an ex-military airship captain that is basically a pirate captain now, some odd forgetful  wizards, and a talking cat who is a prince of his clan. ...

F
Fwwadmin
April 10, 2016
Rating 

Fantasy
A Rebirth of Your Forgotten Realms favorites?

Bruenor, Cattibrie, Regis, and Wolfgar are back in The Companions by R.A. Salvatore but will we care? I loved reading the Forgotten Realms books by R.A. Salvatore as a young adult and for a long time considered him my favorite author.  So when I heard that he was bring back my favorite characters and putting them into an adventure together I must admit I had high expectations.  Over the years the characters I knew and loved over several series of books got old, questioned their lives and then even died.  Much like in comic books their deaths were only...

F
Fwwadmin
April 09, 2016
Rating 

Dystopian
A good dystopian series with deadly robots

Kids and killer robots mix well together.  If you add in a maze and the fact that kids keep getting taken away by the robots each day you end up with and exciting book. I enjoyed reading about all of the boys and how they coped with living in a deadly maze full of robots and one girl they didn't trust. Yes, the movie was decent but the book was clearer to understand.  Throughout the series you slowly learn why the kids were put in the maze and what happened to the rest of the world. I give it...

F
Fwwadmin
121 results - showing 81 - 90
« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »