Reviews written by Fwwadmin

121 results - showing 51 - 60
« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »
Ordering
August 14, 2016
Rating 

Great new fantasy series with realistic middle ages situations

Sometimes I wonder if the best reviews are written a few weeks after reading (OK, I admit I listened to this book).   This book is in the fantasy genre but the characters come across as very realistic. The story is about a teenage girl, Lia, that finds herself hiding a recuperating young man (Colvin) in the abbey where she lives. She is a wretched which means she has no idea who her parents are and so she lives in the abbey working in the kitchen.   So the story starts out very intimate in...

F
Fwwadmin
August 14, 2016
Rating 

Dystopian
Dystopian story of miners on Mars in the middle of a revolution

I finished reading this dystopian book set on Mars over a month ago and am just getting around to the review. The book is by Kyle Perkins who is a young author that I teamed up with on a free book promotion a few months ago.    This book is about a man and a woman that both work as miners on Mars. Their world is headed towards a revolution as there are three different factions that have very different views of how life on Mars should be.   The book continues to build as...

F
Fwwadmin
July 30, 2016 (Updated: July 30, 2016)
Rating 

A great epic story with well-done personal stories

Blood of the Cosmos is another great SciFi space opera novel by Kevin J. Anderson and is part two of the Saga of Shadows series. If you haven't read any of Kevin J. Anderson's Saga of Shadows or Saga of the Seven Suns I really recommend that you do but the great thing is that you don't need to in order to enjoy this book. There is a great synopsis in the beginning that covers what happened in book 1.    The plot involves shadow creatures who want the entire universe destroyed while people of a variety of races...

F
Fwwadmin
July 30, 2016
Rating 

SciFi
Intelligence and daring in a SciFi military story

The Vor Game is a little different from other SciFi books in that the hero is not a strong fighter or skilled pilot but instead he uses his brain. I hadn't realized that this book was the fifth book in the Vorkosigan Saga but I could follow the story just fine. Main character Miles Vorkosigan is a young man starting his military career on a cold planet but quickly finds himself in dangerous situations and positions of authority. I liked this story but also found the story...

F
Fwwadmin
July 02, 2016
Rating 

Massive fantasy epic begins here and is worth the read

I just finished the 1,001 page or 45 hours of the epic fantasy novel The War of Kings by Brandon Sanderson and I can tell you it was worth the time. The life of a bridgeman is usually short as they run unshielded directly into a storm of enemy arrows but Kaladin is about to change all of that. Kaladin is the best character in the book which focused on the stories of four major characters. Kaladin was the son of a surgeon who ends up a slave and then a bridgeman. You...

F
Fwwadmin
June 28, 2016
Overall Rating 

Vengeance or mercy- The 100 gives you both

I just watched episode 6, "The Bitter Harvest", which continues to evolve the series as Clarke had to decide to let an enemy live or die. The Grounders also again prove that even though the Skypeople have superior weapons they be a surprise because of their gorilla tactics. Food is growing short for the Skypeople and the factions still have drastically different ideas of how to survive. You learn more about the City of Light and the science behind what the pill  does  with a good part of this episode involving searching for additional information. This was a decent...

F
Fwwadmin
June 14, 2016 (Updated: June 19, 2016)
Rating 

New classic SciFi in the making and better than the Expanse TV show

I have been really enjoying The Expanse series both as a book and the first season of the tv show. This second book will give you a heads up on what you will see in the second season.     You get all of the main characters crewing the Rocinante and several new ones. The story starts with Bobbi, a Martian marine, as the only survive of a monster attack. Bobbi finds herself working for an Earth politician as their planets are on the verge of war.  Another major plot line involves the...

F
Fwwadmin
June 13, 2016 (Updated: June 14, 2016)
Rating 

Drizzt has competition for the best fantasy swordsman in Ashok

Ashok is a highly efficient killing machine who begins as a single-minded 20-year veteran of The Protectors, whose mission is to serve as judge, jury, and executioners of anyone who breaks The Law. The book begins with him defeating two huge demons which only serve as a warmup to the action yet to come. Ashok's leader gives him a choice to either take a well-deserved retirement or find out a secret that will change the entire world. There are at least two things I really liked about...

F
Fwwadmin
June 05, 2016 (Updated: June 06, 2016)
Rating 

Fantasy
A forgettable tale that lacked the dramatic effect it could have had

Warheart continues to story of Richard and Kahlan that started in Wizard's First Rule back in 2010. Wizard's First Rule was a good start to the series as Richard finds himself in a new world against overwhelming odds.  This 15th book in the series doesn't have the same magic though. The book revolves around the Underworld and its relationship with magic and the living.  Richard is dead  at the beginning of this book and Kahlan makes unusual decision involving traveling to the Underworld to get his soul back. Much of this book delves into the idea that prophesy comes...

F
Fwwadmin
June 05, 2016
Rating 

All Other Genres
Amazing pictures

I like this book because it is so colorful and the pictures are AMAZING! I am 9 years old

F
Fwwadmin
121 results - showing 51 - 60
« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »