Reviews written by Fwwadmin

121 results - showing 111 - 120
« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »
Ordering
March 26, 2016
Rating 

All Other Genres
Insane president or plot against the government

Covert Warriors by W.E.B. Griffin and William E. Butterworth is book 7 in the Presidential Agent series. This book focuses on two major plot lines. The first plot involves a group of covert warriors that work behind the scenes to keep the world safe and plan for the rescue of a U.S. hostage. The other story revolves around a fictional President of the United States who seems to be making some incredibly irrational decisions that will likely lead to his impeachment and many people affected by his decisions getting hurt, fired, or worse. This...

F
Fwwadmin
March 26, 2016
Rating 

Dystopian
SciFi dystopian world that is underground is an interesting twist

I just finished Wool by Hugh Howey as my first audiobook on Audible.com. If you haven't tried Audible I suggest you do because after awhile the library runs out of good SciFi and Fantasy books. Wool is an engaging book with an interesting storyline with a young mechanic named Juliette that earns a surprise promotion to Sheriff. The interesting part is that Juliette lives in a community that has lived for hundreds of years in a huge underground silo. The Sheriff has an important job of keeping the peace in such an enclosed environment. The...

F
Fwwadmin
March 25, 2016
Rating 

Night of the Prowlers by Martyn Perry is a nice introduction to his YA dragon series

Dragon Zoo: Night of the Prowlers by Martyn Perry is a nice short story at 28 pages that introduces dragons and his upcoming Dragon Zoo series. The book is written for the youth audience but as some one much older I found the book an entertaining read also. The plot of the boo reviews around a a young man that decides to start a diary and write about his daily activities as a gift shop manager based on the side of a volcano. Life is usually pretty boring for him until one day when he...

F
Fwwadmin
March 25, 2016
Rating 

Didn't hold my interest

Star Wars:Tarkin by James Luceno is one of the latest books in the Star Wars universe. I have read about a dozen Star Wars books over the last few years and enjoyed most of them. Unfortunately this book was not as enjoyable. I am not going to rate this book as I did not finish it but I will tell you a little about why I didn't finish it and then you can make your own judgement. For those that have read some of my past reviews you know I can like almost any book with...

F
Fwwadmin
March 25, 2016
Rating 

All Other Genres
Soveriegn by Ted Decker is an unusual fantasy book unlike others that I have read

This novel is book three in The Books of the Mortals series.  You can follow most of the story even if you didn't read the first two books but I felt that there was a lot I missed by starting with book three.  The story starts with the Mortals hiding underground and being hunted by both the Immortals and The Order.  The Mortals are likely to become extinct but one young woman decides to do something about it.  She decided to set a trap for a hunting party of Immortals and use their own superhuman senses against them.  She plants...

F
Fwwadmin
March 25, 2016
Rating 

All Other Genres
Mortals battle the dead forces of Order

Mortal by Ted Dekker is the second book in The Books of Mortals series and the second book in the series that I have read. I read Sovereign earlier which is actually the third book in the series. I found Mortal easier to read and follow than Sovereign. This book is in the inspirational and religious fiction genre and has a lot of symbolism to the Christian religion and specifically relates to the sacrifices of Jesus Christ. The story revolves around a young man named Johnathan who over the last several years has brought many tribesman...

F
Fwwadmin
March 25, 2016
Rating 

Dystopian
The gang is out the maze but the Gladers are not done with their trials

I admit I should really write all my book reviews right after I finish a book and I didn't do that with The Scorch Trials by James Dashner which I finished a few weeks ago. The saga continues as Thomas and the Gladers come out of the maze just to find themselves with a whole new trial of crossing a desert full of crazy people with the flare in order to reach a town on the other side. You get to meet some new characters such as Jorge and Brenda who they meet in town along...

F
Fwwadmin
March 24, 2016
Rating 

All Other Genres
Bernard Cornwell's action-packed fantasy tale

I am happy I decided to read 1356 by Bernard Cornwell. Normally I don't do book reviews on historical fiction but I can tell you that anyone interested in medieval fiction and the fantasy genre will enjoy books by Bernard Cornwell. Thomas of Hookton is a fantastic lead character with tons of character and personality. He leads a group of mercenaries who are storming a castle in order to bring an unfaithful wife back to her noble husband. However, her husband is a real scumbag and decides to short Thomas and his crew the...

F
Fwwadmin
March 24, 2016
Rating 

SciFi
I connect well with the idea of gamers saving the planet from an alien armada

I read Ready Player One by author Ernest Cline not long ago and remember loving how he described old video games and included them in his SciFi story. Well now he is back with Armada and I again find myself really enjoying the connections he makes to classic video games. Armada revolves around a young man, Zach Lightman, who suddenly finds out that his deceased Dad's crazy theories about the government using video games to test people's combat skills are true when he is picked up by an Earth Defense Alliance shuttle in front of his school. ...

F
Fwwadmin
March 23, 2016
Rating 

SciFi
Aliens taking over your body = great SciFi

I just finished the scifi book The Host by Stephenie Meyer and here is my review of the book. What would the world be like if it was taken over by aliens? It has been a common theme but never done quite like this that know of. The aliens do not take over by force. So how does it happen? The book starts out in a unusual way with a death as opposed to a birth. It really isn't a death but in order for these aliens to live...

F
Fwwadmin
121 results - showing 111 - 120
« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »